Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 11, 2011

Full Term

Well the doctor's appointments just went from boring and uneventful to exciting.  Today I am full term at 37 weeks meaning that if I go into labor they won't stop it--it will be go time. Before today I wouldn't have thought anything about "going early" but the doctor checked my cervix today and I am already 3-4 cm dialated and the doctor said my cervix is also very thin.  She then asked "are your bags packed?" to which I replied "NO"  I still have 7 more days of work and I really need all of them to get done what I need to at work.  But this baby will do what every other baby does--come on his time schedule, not mine.  So I am trying to get all the stuff done.  Next week, the yard is being cleaned on Tuesday, tile and carpet cleaned on Friday.  I still need to make an appointment to get my hair done--so hopefully I will check that off the list tomorrow. We also still need to put the infant car seat in the car (I also need to clean out and wash my car).  So tonight I am washing the cover since it has been sitting in the garage for months, and then we need to re-adjust it for a little infant.  I also need to pack Chloe an overnight bad, just in case, as well as wash the baby's clothes and pack our hospital bag.  There is so much still today and to know that it could happen any minute is freaking me out.  On the other hand I could stay at this level of dialation for weeks.   One thing is for sure---I'm not ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment