Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Over the hump

We made it over the hump and 18 weeks to go.  At my last doctors appoiuntment, everything looked good.  Baby's heart rate was strong, my blood pressure was good and I'm gaining about a pound a week.  The baby is the size of a banana and probably weighs in at just over 10 ounces and should be slightly longer than 7 inches!

The baby's growth will grow just a bit as the baby concentrates on developing his organs and nervous system. Right now the baby's intestines will slowly start to contract and relax and your baby can now swallow and absorb fluids via the amniotic fluid. While this may seem strange, this actually encourages your baby's digestive system to mature fully. 

The baby may also start hiccupping, but I haven't felt it yet.  I have felt a little bit of movement, but not much.  I'm actually looking forward to feeling his little kicks and punches . It lets me know he's having fun in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment